"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Monday, March 2, 2009

Easy round the bridges loop

Had a bit of an odd day yesterday as came down with what is euphemistically called a "runny tummy" which kept me pretty close to the loo all day. Don't know what brought it on and was also a bit tired and cranky. Luckily it was a rest day but as a result, even though I felt much better this morning, I wasn't really fuelled up for a hard interval session as had no lunch and dinner last night consisted of two crumpets. (The strong wind this morining was also another discouragement).

For the first time in a while, Rox and I were able to go out for a run together. We ran together for the first 15 minutes of Rox's 30 minute run until she turned around and then I continued on my regular 12.73km bridges loop. Would estimate we did around 2.5km in first 15 minutes and my overall time was 60 mins so remainder was 10.2km in 45 mins. Felt very comfortable running at that pace and no stomach issues which was a relief. I think the gentle warm up was a positive and contributed to the ease of the run, despite the wind.

So Yasso 800s tomorrow morning. Will need to be out very early to get back ahead of the rush hour traffic. Should be another good indication of where I am at pace wise.

No comments: