"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Friday, March 6, 2009

Easy 18.5km

Went for easy 18.5km this morning. Lovely morning for running and I'm really enjoying running as the sun comes up lately. Total time 1 hour 30 minutes (4.51/km)

Late night last night as stayed up until midnight to enter Rox and I in the BAA 5km race which is one the day before the Boston Marathon. Entries opened at 10am Boston time and by the time I had signed Rox up at 1 minute past she was the 491st registration, soon after I was the 678th. It is limited to only 4000 so I think we did the right thing not waiting until this morning to register.
This will be Rox's first ever race so it will be a big moment for her and what a great place to run your first race. I am going to run with her. She will probably run around 30 minutes for the 5km which should be a nice "shake out the legs" run for me the day before the marathon.

Also got tickets to Yankees for when we get back to New York after the marathon. We went to the old Yankee Stadium last time we were in New York and this will be one of the first few games in the new Yankee Stadium. Yankees lost last time so hopefully we see a win this time.

Early night tonight as pipeline tomorrow.

No comments: