"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Wednesday, March 18, 2009

21.72km - felt a bit harder than it should have ...

Went out with Simon this morning - ran down to meet him at Burswood. We ran fairly easy for a run which for me was total 21.72km in 1 hour 38 mins (4.31/km pace). Felt a little bit harder than 4.31/km pace for me but the pace when we were running together would have been above that because I always run the warmup and warmdowns on my own a bit slower. Used my Nike+ which has historically been a bit inaccurate but was almost right on today, measuring 21.74km.

Developed a couple of blisters, a largish one on my left foot and one on my right big toe. This was the second time I had run in my new 2130s. No problems on my first run so next time will be a bit more diligent with lace tightness, socks etc and hope that it was a one off.

Didn't have a great night's sleep last night and Sammie got up just after 5am, about half an hour befor my alarm would have got me up so that didn't help either. Looking forward to a very gentle recovery run tomorrow and then 16km with Pete on Friday morning.

2 comments:

Simon Elliott said...

Yeah - I got 4'22/km for the run. Didn't feel as slow as that to me either.

I cheated myself about 3km as well with my 'spontaneous/accidental pause' at the 13.57km mark (by the way, I calculated 13.57km to be almost precisely when we would've been passing Rox so perhaps I was paying for a subconscious exaggerated knee lift to impress her and hit the pause button by accident!!)

Biscuitman said...

ha ha - nice one!