"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pea souper

Wednesday: Went out for a recovery run this morning and ran first 12 minutes with Rox before she turned to head home. She is still nursing her achilles/calf/ mystery problem but managed to get through 24-25 minutes of running this morning without it playing up.

It was very foggy when we left home, a real pea souper and when we got down to the river, you couldn't see any building across in the CBD, just a couple of lights. After Rox turned, I continued on up to the Narrows but didn't run on the grass today as it was soaking wet and I didn't fancy getting wet feet (again).

Saw Sandgroper up near Mends Street, he was looking very relaxed so its good to see that he has got on top of his illness and if on the way back.

All up for me 46 minutes running at 129 average HR. Finished up with 4 x 8 sec steep hill sprints.

Tuesday: 18.4km in 1 hour 24 minutes. Just an easy aerobic run. Got absolutely drenched about 5-10 minutes from home in a huge downpour. Otherwise it was beautiful morning for running.

Other news: A major adjustment in my lifestyle is looming as I am finally going back to work. Earlier nights and earlier mornings I think and I 'm not sure my new employer will be as understanding of my mid afternoon naps as my current supervisor (Rox). On the upside, we can now afford to get a new computer and can retire this steam driven monster. We will get the hard drives put into the new PC so as a result might be offline for a couple of days (hopefully not any longer).

Other other news: Boston photos arrived in yesterday's mail so will work on get them up and accessible in the near future.

No comments: