"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Medium long run

21.5km in 1 hour 36 minutes (which I think is around 4.27/km). Maintained a pretty even pace throughout which meant increased effort on the hills at the end and then a good strong finish. Even managed to avoid the showers which started about 30 seconds after I got home. There was a fairly strong wind blowing at times this morning so this was a good solid run - nothing spectacular but one of those runs that it is good to have plenty of in the bank by the time your goal race comes around.

Up at 5.45am to get this in before work. Don't think that I appreciated not working enough even though it is a nice time of the day to be out and about.

Recovery run tomorrow so a sleep in until 6.15am and I must make sure that I get some core work and drills done.

No comments: