"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Thursday, June 11, 2009

Great run this morning (even with a late drenching)

Ran with Simon this morning following the same plan as last week. Maybe slightly shorter this week by 100-200m as we met and turned a little earlier for me. I found this week's run easier than last week's even though it turned out to be 2 minutes quicker 63 mins vs 65 mins for approx 16km.

The rain held off (pretty much) for our loop around the bridges but it started to get heavier after we went our separate ways. Not as bad as the drenching I got last week but still pretty soaked by the time I got home.

Saw Charismatic Kim out there going the other way as we were going through the underpass near the big flagpole but didn't see her face until she had pretty much passed us due to the brightness of her head torch! So too late to call out but I'll know who it is next time I see a supernova coming towards me :-)

My 2nd edition of Advanced Marathoning (a gift from the co-author Scott Douglas) arrived in the mail yesterday. Some new stuff in here and slightly tweaked training schedules. There is a whole new chapter with schedules for 70-85 miles a month. I previously used the up to 70 miles a month schedule but will use a lot of the 70-85 miles a month schedule this time although I will retain my 1 rest day a week and my 8.4km recovery runs rather than the 10km recovery runs and am unlikely to do the doubles on a regular basis if at all.

Recovery run tomorrow before a scheduled 27km long run on Saturday. Looking forward to the forecast 4 degrees on Saturday ...

5 comments:

CharisK said...

Apologies if I blinded you. I usually try to look down when I go past other runners; I save my full stare for the cyclists :)

DC64 said...

Hey!

DC64 said...

Glad you're going well, it's great to see. Running the HM next week ? Looks like I won't be doing Rotto - I'm a little tired of being broken, so I'm going to concentrate on the shorter stuff for a while...

Biscuitman said...

Can't run the HM due to coaching commitments but can make up for it by running first two legs of Relay Marathon if you are up to running the third leg.

That's a real shame about Rotto but given where you are at, it's probably sensible. Now would be the time to start increasing mileage whereas you are rightly concentrating on running regularly without aggravating anything.

Do you think you will still go over to Rottnest for one of the shorter races?

DC64 said...

Yep, I'll go over for the 10 probably ,maybe the 5 if I do the Melbourne HM the week before which is shaping as a good possibility.