"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fast finish (sort of) long run

Managed to pretty much avoid the rain this morning but was unable to avoid the wind. Hope that tomorrow is not a carbon copy of today for the sake of those running in the Perth Half.



Took it pretty easy for the first part of my run, legs felt a bit heavy so I think I will start transitioning into a new pair of 2130s. I haven't gone back in my blog to check when I got into these ones but from memory it was mid-late March so they are probably on the way out even though they look fine.



Did the first 14.44km in approx 68 mins, stopped for about a minute for a drink and a gel and then picked it up for the last 12.45km. The wind really picked up heading though East Perth and especially along the river after crossing the Causeway. It would be a lovely tailwind to have behind you when heading back from UWA so if it doesn't pick up until a bit later tomorrow there should be some OK times.



Last 12.45km in 52mins which I am happy with especially given the wind. It really did slow me up over the last 3-4km but once I got away from the river I was able to push on fairly strongly and ran hard up the hill to our place.



I have added a blog to my blog list, "Riding the Wind". What an existence Anton Krupicka has. I find myself extremely envious when reading his blog entries. The Nate Jenkins Running Times blog has now moved into my list of "Things I Like".

Still haven't finalised my full training program for Rottnest. I know what it is going to look like, it is just a matter of getting down to completing it but after a my first week back of sitting at a desk in front of a computer it is about the last thing I want to do.

No comments: