"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Thursday, April 9, 2009

Recovery run - hmmmm

Not a great recovery run this morning. It was quite warm and I found that I had to run even slower than normal to keep my heart rate to its low 130s. 8.5km in just under 50 mins, average HR 131. So HR the same but the run took me a couple of minutes longer.

Saw Gary "The Scribe" of the Hills running group walking near the flagpole in South Perth. I'm always slightly self conscious when I run into people I know when I'm out on these slow recovery runs, trundling along on the grass.

Didn't get my usual soak in the spa during the kid's swimming lessons this afternoon as that pool was closed after Ben found a poo in the pool. Nice.

Not sure about tomorrow's workout. Program calls for a VO2Max session but it looks a bit hard to me so I might modify it or do do something different.

No comments: