"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Saturday, April 4, 2009

Recovery run and one from the archives

Usual recovery run this morning - 8.5km in 47 mins. Average HR was up a little, 136 but it did get a bit windy at times. Also found myself daydreaming a bit. At one stage imagining myself running down Boylston Street with a couple of hundred metres to go, 2 hours 57 mins on my watch and knowing I was going to crack the 3 hours. Looked down at my watch and my heart rate was up to 144 - it seems I need to make sure I don't get too excited when visualising ...


Went to Mum and Dad's for dinner last night to celebrate my brother Matt's birthday - very enjoyable evening and lots of good food. Raided Mum's photo album and grabbed the photo below which was taken in Donnybrook in 1980 when I ran a 10km cross country race. From memory I think I ran around 55 mins. The long hair is a fashion statement of some kind, probably not a very good one.
Bridges tomorrow morning - looking forward to it!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Best of luck for the race tommorrow we will be cheering you on from afar.
Jen and Rob