"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Thursday, April 2, 2009

Number Pick Up Card and Welcome Booklet arrived in today's mail

Not much more to say other than pretty excited to get this today. I think from reading the booklet (although it's still not entirely clear) that the water on-course will be in bottles but the Gatorade will be in cups. If this is the case, I think this will suit me - I just need a fair bit of water to wash down gels and if I slow down when taking the Gatorade I should get most of it into me and not over me. Hopefully I will be able to grab more than one gel at the gel stop just before the 17 mile mark. If I can grab two, that should get me through to the end (and then I only have to carry two with me at the start)

No comments: