"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Enjoyable recovery run

Nice conditions, although a little windy for my recovery run this morning. 8.5km in 46.50, average HR 133. Had to be quite mindful of my heart rate today and still went quicker than I thought I was going but didn't feel like I could legitimately run any slower (or it wouldn't be running ... ). At 5.30/km pace, these recoevery runs are really, really easy to the extent that I don't even feel like I need a drink when I finish. Strangely though, I am always extra hungry so need to show some self control.

Back to the bridges loop tomorrow with some strides thrown in so think I will wear my racing shoes.

No comments: