"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Friday, September 11, 2009

Update

No run today. Weather diabolical again this morning and I was only scheduled for a recovery run so decided to take the rest instead.

Leg is feeling a bit better. I think the muscle that is tight is the soleus and have found a stretch for it - the old leaning against the wall calf stretch (bent back leg). Trying to stretch regularly and it doesn't feel so tight, even when I scrunch up my toes.

Rib is still tender to touch. I forgot to take anti inflams this morning so will take some after dinner tonight. 32km scheduled for tomorrow. I would have done some marathon pace running for the last 15km if I hadn't had the accident but now I'll just be happy to get through it without my leg playing up on me.

Rox and I went to see "The Taking of Pelham 123" last night. The original is one of my favourite movies and although this remake didn't get great reviews, we knew it would have lots of great shots of New York. We both enjoyed it and Travolta played his trademark sociopath (think Swordfish, Broken Arrow) brilliantly.

We have a quiz night tonight but it is supposed to be an early finish. My main struggle is keeping my hands off the snacks.

World Athletics Final in Greece over the weekend. I'm about 190 points in front of my brother in our fantasy athletics league so hope my picks come through for me. You can only pick each athlete once per season so I have already used up most of the favourites (Bolt, Merritt, Bekele, Richards etc) although I kept a couple up my sleeve. Important bragging rights are at stake!!

1 comment:

DC64 said...

Good idea not running today; if you aren't any better for going for a run, there's no point in doing it. You might want to buy yourself a roller if you're having muscle issues - it's a good substitute for massage.