"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Monday, February 16, 2009

Long run - quite an improvement

I did my re-scheduled long run this morning, heading out at 5.45am. Felt surprisingly good with no after effects from yesterday's Matilda Bay race. That's a good sign I think and probably in keeping with how I felt on reflection yesterday ie no speed in my legs but aerobically strong.

Bit humid and cloudy once the sun came up but nothing to complain about. All up 32.3km in 2 hours 40 minutes (4.57/km) which is 8 minutes faster than I ran this run last time. Wasn't running for time but much easier conditions. Still glad to note a significant improvement.



Rest of the day was spent driving to and from Bunbury and attending a funeral. Rox's uncle died last week and the funeral was today. Was a very nice civil ceremony for a life well lived.

Have been wearing compression tights since I got home as don't think the legs enjoyed 4 hours in the car. Big protein smoothy after the run has also helped.



Rest day tomorrow, then a moderate week with only one medium long run before a shorter weekend long run.

The professional photos from Ben's Weetbix Tryathlon became available today. Here is the one of him during the run leg:



No comments: