"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Thursday, May 6, 2010

This week's running in the tropics on Strands

Logging in from a hotel lobby (no airconditioning) but we can't get wi fi in the apartment.

I have logged this week's runs on Strands - wow it is humid here - a bit of a struggle to get the kms in this week but have managed to get it done so far with a modified program of 45-60 mins a day. I'll be giving the long run a miss this week - it's just not possible in these conditions.

3 comments:

Simon Elliott said...

I feel your pain. I remember running over there two Christmases ago and it was perhaps the most oppressive conditions I have ever run in. I ran 12k one day and it felt like I'd run over 20.

Unfortunately, the usual consolation for the traveller (the hotel treadmill) had the temperature set to 27 degrees and felt even worse than running outside (and that was saying something!)

As bad as it feels, you'll be getting plenty of nag for you buck.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.