"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Getting the miles in

Monday: Fartlek (12.8km w/ 8 x 30 sec @ 1500m-3k pace + 1 x 2min + 1 x 3 min @ 10km pace) 56 mins all up. Pretty cold but otherwise perfect for running. By effort I thought this should have been a couple of minutes quicker. Nice watching the sun rise.

Also have started the core and general strengthening exercises as demonstrated on the video on my blog. I am finding the core exercises are quite easy and am a bit surprised that I already have a reasonably strong core as it an area I have neglected while focusing on running.

Tuesday: Did the 20-21km loop around Windan etc and up Freeway back through the hills in South Perth and Kensington. Took this very easy for the most part but was still a little surprised that it took me 1 hour 39 mins. Similar to yesterday in some respects so I will need to keep an eye on this.

Thought I might have seen Simon down near the Causeway - it was a pretty dark and wasn't 100% sure it was him so just gave a wave.

1 comment:

Simon Elliott said...

yep - it was me. I was equally uncertain was you but couldn't see a downside in waving to a a stranger - there rarely is!