"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Thursday, May 21, 2009

Windy

Managed to dodge the rain this morning but still pretty windy when I went out for my 12.8km loop around the bridges from home. Didn't feel fantastic but put in a moderate effort and got back in 57 minutes.

Not sure why I didn't feel great as I had a good recovery run yesterday. Again, there was a little bit of wind about and I had to run back a bit slower to keep my heart rate down but nothing outside of what I would consider normal. Very gentle 8.4km in 49 mins average HR 130.

Another recovery run tomorrow before I extend my Saturday run a few kms and run a slightly different route. Intending to go out past Burswood, over Windan, back thru East Perth, along the city side of the river, over the new Narrows and then, instead of coming home via the South Perth side of the river, I am going to continue along the Freeway until I get to South Terrace and then run home via South Terrace, George Street, Banksia Terrace. The run from South Terrace home is around 4km of rolling hills, some bigger than others and I am planning to run this final section a bit quicker and work hard up the hills.

No comments: