"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Recovery runs

Weighed in yesterday at 74.8kgs, first time under 75kgs for a while, hope it continues.

Checked my resting HR before heading out this morning, 43bpm which was good as I had been up and about for a little while.

Tuesday AM - 8.5km in 49 mins, average HR 128. Took it very easy, lovely weather for running and stuck to the grass where possible.
Tuesday PM - 8.5km in 45 mins, average HR 139. Bit of a sea breeze blowing in my face on the way out had HR slightly up, then I ran into my brother in law who is training for the Busselton Half Ironman so ran with him for a bit so didn't give it a chance to drop down again until later in the run. Again ran on the grass alongside the dual use path where possible.

No comments: