"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Sunday, February 1, 2009

2nd longest run ever to finish a big week

Ran 32.2km today which I am pretty sure is my 2nd longest run after the marathon. Took it fairly slow and easy, initially intentionally and then out of necessity. I added an around the bridges loop to my 27km long run (instead of coming back over the Causeway after running through East Perth, I kept going around the bridges. It was the last 9 or so km where there was no shade that I really started to feel it. I set out at 7.35am so it was getting pretty warm by the time I was in the closing stages.

All up it took my 2 hours 48 minutes (which included one toilet stop, 2 gel stops and numerous drink stops) - average pace 5.13 per km which is on the slow end of the range suggested by the McMillan Running Calculator.

Yesterday my schedule had me doing a 12.8km general aerobic run rather than my usual Saturday recovery run, not sure why and now wish I had subsituted a grassy recovery run in preparation for today's run.

Total for this week is 112km which I think (hope) should be at the upper end volume wise.

Took it easy for the rest of today and feel ok now but looking forward to a rest day tomorrow.

No comments: