"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Wednesday, December 31, 2008

21km run this morning

Well I stuck to the plan and ran my 21kms this morning, actually it was a bit more as I didn't actually really start running until I got down to the river but I had run down there with Ben who did his second run of the week. So given what I ran today and comparing it to the Perth Half Marathon course I think it may have been just over the 21km. 1 hour 38 mins from memory - bit fuzzy already.

Got on to Map My Run last night to work out how far the tempo part of yesterday's run was - 6.5km which means I averaged 3.51 per km which I am very pleased with. Now I just have to string about 7 of them in row together ... well maybe not at that pace but it seems that everything is on track at the moment.

I wonder if I should be doing more speedwork but I know that there is plenty to come in my program. Just a bit concerned about that old saying that long slow runs just prepare you to run long and slow. Also think I should work a bit on my core strength but just can't get motivated to do it after my morning runs.

Easy recovery run tomorrow - think I will use my HRM and make sure that I keep my HR in the 130's.

No comments: