"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

Kept to my plan on Thursday - very easy 9km and kept my heart rate at an average of 134 for the run. When you are going that so it seems easy to bring it down a few beats very quickly if it starts to creep up.

As a result (well, maybe as a result ...), my legs felt really fresh for my 17-18km run on Friday. Ran steadily just below tempo pace for the whole run which took 1 hour 23 minutes. Not sure of the actual distance as Nike+ was playing up slightly so will get on to Map My Run and work it out later.

This morning (Saturday), nice easy slow run with HRM again. Ran even more easily averaging 131 for the run. Went out a bit later than intended mainly as a result of staying up just past 1am playing cricket on the Playstation ...

After today's easy run and based on how I felt after Thursday's easy run, I think I will do the same Sunday long run again tomorrow. That should get me up to around 95km for the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kepp up the hard work Biscuitman.


Gunner