"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Monday, October 12, 2009

Easy 5.2km - another physio session

Monday - just ran an easy 5.2km in 23 minutes this morning.  If I was doing a normal taper, today would have been a rest day after 21km yesterday but I think I am going to do little bit every day except Friday.  I'll do my rehearsal run on Wednesday but shorten the non MP part considerably.

Went and saw my physio again this evening.  She believes my ITB is nowhere near as tight as it was and has improved more since Friday.  We spoke quite a bit about the tendon soreness and bruising and likened to a cork.  That's actually what it feels like now when I run, very similar to afer you have had a knock at soccer and are trying to run it off.

I'll be doing another short and easy run again tomorrow and trying not to get stressed at work.  In fact, I refuse to get stressed at work this week.

Bad luck to Clown who developed a foot injury at Melbourne and had to drop out after 12km but that sub 3 at Boston next year will be even more rewarding now.

No comments: