"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas

Just under 52km this week.  Didn't run on Christmas Day but got my 12.8km runs in on Thursday and Saturday and my intervals on Tuesday.  Thursday's 12.8km was the best run I have had for quite a while.  57mins at a moderate effort.  I've been right on 60mins the other three times I have done this run since I started building up again, running it at my long run pace/effort so the 57 mins was encouraging.

Did a 2hr 12min bike ride today and did quite a bit more distance.  Rode out along the river to Tonkin Highway and then instead of turning back through Bayswater, I turned right and headed out through Ashfield to Bassendean (near Bassendean Oval), before going back along Guildford Road to Garrett Road, then got back onto the river route for the trip back to the city.  I carried on along the freeway but didn't turn back at Canning Bridge.  Instead I continued on to the Mount Henry Bridge and did the lap around the Applecross side befor going back to the city along the freeway and then followed the bike path along the river and home.  A good solid effort.  Got out before it warmed up too much.

This week will be similar to last week but I may do a short run on Thursday morning and then the Marathon Club New Year's Ever run in the evening.  Depending how I feel, Saturday's run will be somewhere between 14-18km.

No comments: