"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Monday, August 3, 2009

Bring back the moderate run!

Was feeling good this morning so cranked my planned 14.8km "easy" run up into the "moderate" range. 14.8km in 62 mins, 4.11/km pace. Wore my HRM and averaged 158 so pretty much right on for that time and effort.

Figured it was worth a bit of change as I am only doing one speed workout this week (although some speedwork in tomorrow's run.

Lovely morning for a run. I wore my new 2130s again. Still not feeling quite right but better than Saturday. I'll be going back to my old ones for tomorrow's run:
Medium long progression run (24km including 5km of acceleration from marathon pace to 5km pace before 5km warm down).

Will be a nervous night in front of the cricket - I have to say I'm not confident we will survive.

No comments: