"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Saturday, May 30, 2009

Improved long run

Did the same run as last Saturday but in much better conditions. Met Simon down towards the Causeway and ran together. Still not sure of the total distance but did this week in 1 hour 32 minutes (1hr 38mins last week) and felt much stronger on the hills towards the end.

On Thursday I ran 12.8km in 56 mins and then Friday did my normal recovery run where I found it really easy to keep my heart rate below 130.

Assuming that today's run was around 22kms, this week I have run just under 83kms and although my mid week runs will need to increase a little and my long runs quite a bit, I think I have got a good base to commence my marathon training program for Rottnest. one area where I have been slack in the past and which I am intend to include in my program is some core work and some drills with the aim of getting stronger.

No comments: