"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Tuesday, May 19, 2009

4 x 4 min interval session

Did another Nike+ interval session (with a bit extra at the start and end as I don't think the warm up and cool down times are adequate on this one). 4 x 4mins with 4 mins active recovery between. Felt as good as can be expected - as Lance Armstrong says during the session "it's not meant to be easy". Ran the intervals at slightly harder than 10km race effort.

Lovely morning for running - no sign of the rain just yet but I think it will be with us tomorrow. Recovery run planned and I will wear my HR monitor to see how I am travelling.

Spent a couple of hours last night working out my training schedule for Rottnest. Not completely happy with it so some more work to do there. I want to try and build some more speed into my schedule but equally don't want to peak too soon so it's a balancing act. I'm going to keep to the 6 days a week so that I get a rest day and am not planning on doing doubles at this stage (running in the afternoon just does not agree with me).

No comments: