"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Thursday, January 29, 2009

On track

Wednesday - 21.62km in 1 hr 44 mins - nice and easy and felt good.
Thursday - 8.5km in about 48 mins - really slow - wore my HRM and averaged 131 for the run. Think I needed a nice comfortable recovery run even if it felt too slow. Ran on the grass where I could and I think my legs appreciated it. Might investigate getting a regular massage on Thursdays if my HBF covers part of it as with the Sunday long runs getting out to 32kms, speedwork on Tuesdays and a medium long run on Wednesdays, Thursday is when I am feeling most fatigued.

Am looking at how I can rejig my schedule to run a 10km on Sunday 15 Feb. Think I will train through it and then run a 27km long run on the Monday and have a rest day on the Tuesday before slipping straight back into my program on the Wednesday.

No comments: