"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Saturday, January 24, 2009

Back is feeling much better

The combination of anti inflammatories and new shoes seems to have done the trick. My back is now nearly 100% and I haven't had to miss a run. 9km on Thursday, 18.5km yesterday and 9km today. Yesterday's run had me going out a bit slower than normal - just a very comfortable pace. I realised I hadn't really challenged myself just before I got to Mends Street so set myself a target of getting home before 11am which was in 14 minutes time. I made it with 40 seconds to spare. Don't know how far it is - might check it out on Map My Run later.

I am going to do 25km tomorrow and see if I can beat my 54mins for the last 12.45km. As the Countdown on my blog shows, Boston is less than 3 months away so I want to start upping the speedwork. I am thinking about running in one of the Marathon Club 10km runs in February just to see where I am at. My PB for 10km is 38.58 so it would be a good sign if I can run under that.

No comments: