"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Thursday, January 7, 2010

Building up

42.8km so far this week consisting of 2 x 8.4km recovery runs, 10km inc 4 x 4mins w/4mins jog recovery (up from 4 x 3 mins over previous 3 weeks) and this morning's run which was approx 16km with the middle 8km run at a tempo effort.

I ran down to the Marathon Club at Burswood as a warm up and then did the NYE Run/Peninsula 8km course as my tempo effort befor running the 4km from the club back home.  All up 1 hour 13 mins with the tempo 8km in 34.05 (compared to my 32.30 in the NYE race last week).

My 2km splits were 8.18; 8.30; 8.34 (4.17 + 4.17); 8.41.  The last 1.5km was into a bit of headwind.  A solid effort - I think I will do this once a week and will know that I am making progress when I get the 8km in under 32 mins.

Remainder of the week will be an 8.4km recovery run tomorrow and then 18.4km on Saturday.  Should give me a total very similar to last week - a good consolidation. 

No comments: