"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cold and windy long run

Got wet too but that was secondary to a strong and cold wind that was gusting up even more strongly.  Probably a south westerly so although I was sheltered running through Maylands and East Perth, it was straight in my face running alongside the river on Riverside Dve and across the Narrows.

It was a bit of a cross wind for a while along the freeway but then really picked up and started raining too.  Bit of shame that it picked up then because I had just decided to pick up my pace a little between some km markers from the Perth Marathon (12-14).  Even with the strong wind I managed 4.12/km and 4.20/km (wind was stronger for the second km).  I had run about 30kms already to this point so I am satisfied with that pace especially given the conditions.

Similar to recent longer runs, I found that I was running most comfortably and settled into a really nice pace after about an hour of running.  Early on I wasn't enjoying it much but this changed very quickly.  The wind and rain towards the end was a bit of a dampener but still a good run.

35.3km in 2 hours 37 mins (4.26/km - the quicker end of my McMillan calculated long run pace).

Watched the Dogs go down to Geelong this afternoon.  Very frustrating as errors at crucial moments as well as a bad 15mins in the first quarter were the difference between the two sides.  Hope we can bounce back next week.

Just over 120kms for the week at an average of 4.19/km.

Rest day tomorrow including an 8.30am kickoff for Ben's soccer so an early night tonight I think.

1 comment:

Clown said...

Very impressive weeek, well done.

Good thing is the Bullies are now away from the Adelaide side of the draw.