"It's a treat being a runner, out in the world by yourself with not a soul to make you bad-tempered or tell you what to do." - Allan Sillitoe


Sunday, July 3, 2011

A couple of easy weeks post marathon and video of Craig Mottram 1500m from Uden, Netherlands

I have had a couple of easy weeks post marathon. Only ran twice in the first week (Thursday, Saturday) for 14km and four times this week (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday) for 51.4km.

On Saturday , I did a controlled Mona Fartlek and averaged 3:47/km for the workout with the harder reps at around 3:28-3:30/km pace.

I'm planning on doing 6 days this week. Forecast is for cold, fine mornings - I'm just looking forward to getting out there and getting back into my routine.

Big congratulations to Sugar on his 1:14 half marathon at Gold Coast. 3:30/km avg pace is a cracking pace so I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

No comments: